VOGONS

Common searches

GK2 Problem

Topic actions

First post, by jw4584

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OK so I used the HD/DVD installer and it worked just fine, but it won't run afterwards. Apparently there's a compatibility issue between GK2 and X64. Is there a way around this or am I just wasting my time? Any input would be great.

Reply 1 of 5, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I don't use the windows version, but isn't it 16-bit? If so then thats the reason....windows x64 cannot run 16-bit applications. You'll need to use Virtual PC or VMware.

Reply 2 of 5, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just install the DOS version of the game. DOSBox runs great under Win64. This is why I wish that Endroz's installer gave you the option to install Win or DOS. Or best of all, to make stand alone patches available.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 3 of 5, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Ditto. That scanline removal patch and no-cd swapping (without 6 folders for each cd) is a great idea. Unfortunately he assumed we all use the windows version.

Reply 4 of 5, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I did manage to grab the no interlace patch that he postedf on the Mega-Tokyo boards, before he made his installer. I also got NewRisingSun's GK1 patch that he took down after Endroz came out with his GK1 installer.

Of course you could always use his installer, copy over the DOS executables and manually edit the RESOURCE.CFG to run it in DOSBox.