VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by jonc2006

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hi i just bought turok 2 for win 98 and i was wondering if its possible to get this running on win xp. i have win xp home edition with the sp2 pack installed as well. my gfx card is an ati radeon xpress 200 series (im on a laptop), and it supports both open gl and direct 3d

my problem right now is that when i put the game cd into my cd drive, the autoplay or autoinstall does not comeup at all, windows aknowlages its in my drive, and can read it as turok 2 but nothing is responding when i try to open a exe. file. if i right click the cd in my drive i cant get it to run auto from the right click menu either. ive tried using windows explorer to browse through the contents of the disk, ive tired setting compatibility mode on all the files i could think of to windows 98 but still nothing. i recently copied and pasted all the files from the cd into a turok 2 folder i made on my own, still, nothing happens when i click a setup exe.

can anyone please help me out with this? i dont want to resort to downloading a n64 rom of it because of the fact that i wouldnt be able to use a a keyboard/mouse comb while playing and im not big on piracy either