VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Qualara

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm not sure if it's a system error or just my own incompetence but, in chapter 5 where Valanice picks up the firecracker from one of the Ooger Booger children she exsplodes instantly, not even giving me enough time to click the screen. I have played this game many times before and I know that it takes some time for it to explode. Is there any chance that my computer may be running this game a little fast, if so how could I fix this, I can't even come back after death, she dies instantly again.

My stystem is Windows XP and apart from this hic-up it's been running smoothly. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 😵

Reply 2 of 7, by Wintermute

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

But you can even manage without any patch:
Just move a few steps everytime you revive. You'll explode a several dozen times untill you arrive at the grave, but eventually you will make it. 😉

Reply 3 of 7, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

My patch will only work with version 1.4. The best thing about it is that it will give you a DOS version. This means that you will be able to play the game in all versions of Vista (even 64 bit) with just DOSBox.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 4 of 7, by Qualara

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
DosFreak wrote:

That would seem like it would help but the actual zip folder in that link is non exsistant, but thank you, I'll try and find that folder else where.

Reply 5 of 7, by Qualara

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Wintermute wrote:

But you can even manage without any patch:
Just move a few steps everytime you revive. You'll explode a several dozen times untill you arrive at the grave, but eventually you will make it. 😉

That wold work if the game wasn't running so darn fast. I manage to click the screen in the short millisecond it gives me, she goes to take a step but then exsplodes in the same spot. It was a good idea, but no luck.

Reply 6 of 7, by Wintermute

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I suppose that your computer is brand new then.

I use a laptop which has about 1 1/2 years of age and my method worked when I replayed the game a few months ago. (It was still very annoying and I needed quite some times because of the frequent death messagess.)