VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by brianharrison06

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Im new to the forum but i know after looking at the topics and even after doing reseach all over the fourms im still having problems running quest for glory 4 shadows of darkness, I have the 9 disk floppy verison i installed the program then i would go to start programs sierra then the game it loads fine then crashes when i click on the charter after downloading dos box i selected the programs exe to open with and still wont load correct then i tryed using dfend and it wont load it says cannot load in dos mode what is going on i tryed following the steps listed in the main post can someone please help me with like a step by step for the 9 disk verison because i love this game and i really want to play it like i did when i was a kid 🙁

Reply 1 of 12, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The Windows version of QFG4 cannot be run in DosBox unless you install Windows 3.1 in DosBox.

The DOS version of QFG4 runs fine in DosBox.

You cannot run the Windows 3.1 version of QFG4 in Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista unless you use an emulator like DosBox/Microsoft Virtual PC/Vmware.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 3 of 12, by brianharrison06

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hey on the vm program i use 95 or 3.1 and it says it can not load an operatng system and says i need to install so does that mean ill just put in my old windows disk and it will emulate and i can run shadows of darkness? 😳

Reply 10 of 12, by brianharrison06

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

hey i tryed the charter import thing but whenever i go into charter import it crashes when i start a new game then select a charter it crashes the only thing that doesnt is the credits. 😢

Reply 11 of 12, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It sounds like you have a corrupted file. You may need to drag out your install disks and reinstall. If your disks aren't any good anymore, you might want to get the CD. You can still find it relatively easily and cheaply. As buggy as the CD is, the floppy version is even more so. Plus with the NewRisingSun patch for the CD, it is nearly perfect.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 12 of 12, by brianharrison06

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

see thats the problem my friend has like a really old computer the barley use at his dads work and it has windows 95 and it works on it so i dont think its the disk but i could be wrong?