VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by mx2k

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

i just found my copy of Westwood's Bladerunner at my attic. But i can't seem to start it anymore!

Every time i click the blade.exe I get a short black screen and then i see my desktop again. The game just won't start. Also tried this CD-ROM patch from 1999 but it makes no difference at all.

I played bladerunner somewhere in 2002 last time, there it was working with XP as far as i remember. But now, won't start neither in Win98 or WinXP, which is weird.

Anyone perhaps knows of this problem? I tried with two different machines, both won't start Bladerunner.

Here are my configs:

Machine 1
Windows 98 SE
Athlon XP 2200+ 1.8 GHz
Some Asus VIA KT133 Mainboard
768 MB RAM
GeForce 2 DDR 64MB
DirectX 9.0c Feb. 2007 Redist
40 GB Harddrives
Some LG CD-Rom, produced late 2002

Machine 2
Windows XP SP2
Pentium D 3,6 GHz
2048 MB RAM
Asus P5WD2-E Mainboard
ATi Radeon X1900XTX 512MB
DirectX 9.0c Feb. 2007 Redist
~800GB Harddrives
Some LG DVD-Rom, produced mid 2003
Some NEC DVD-Burner, produced late 2004

So, anyone pls help to get my Bladerunner working! Can't be, not even running under 98 which is was designd for oO

Thanks
-Markus

Reply 3 of 5, by CrisGer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

A warning, possibly, I am researching Bladerunner and doing 'before install' homework and noted some ppl have trouble running it on XP...well i saw this thread and clicked on the first link in the post from Jorpho last year on this...right above this post...and a virus alert popped up when i tried to click on the link. It is on the Bladerunner sitei wish i dared go back and look at the page. Does anyone else get this alert? maybe it is just a weird file format but i moved the virus to my vault.

thanks,....it may not be the download itself, maybe just an infection on that old site from some un nice person.

Just wanted to warm ppl. Too bad as i would have liked to see that info.

Admin
3D Worlds and Game Developers Group Linkedin
http://3dworldandgamedevelopers.blogspot.com/

Reply 4 of 5, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

McAfee site advisor says it is clean:
http://www.siteadvisor.com/sites/brmovie.com/summary/

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions