VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Draracle

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am having a problem with playing the cutscenes/movies in Lands of Lore III. I have the 1.07a patch. When I enable Direct3D mode, the movies appear as horizontal bars on the screen. It looks like each bar contains the same portion of the frame. The movies play fine in software mode.

I have an Nvidia 7600GT and a widescreen monitor. In the drivers I have it set to center to 4:3 and keep the aspect ratio. It doesn't matter what mode the screen is in(center, stretch, keep aspect). The movies appear as huge horizontal bars in Direct3D mode.

I am suspecting it is a Nvidia driver issue with Direct3D. Anyone else see this problem when using Direct3D mode?

Attachments

• lol3.jpg
    Filename
    lol3.jpg
    File size
    16.11 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Lands of Lore 3
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 10, by a mc

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

you can try to downgrade hardware video acceleration, but I don't think this will help.
how did you manage to run it modern windows? all I got is a "not enough video RAM", despite 128 MBs on my Ti4200

Reply 2 of 10, by Patriarch K

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have the same problem with this game. I've tried to downgrade video acceleration but no success. I also tried to downgrade the sound acceleration (run - dxdiag - sound) but that was no solution.
I don't know what to do - i have tried some new patches and some old ones. I have played this game before on the same computer with the same configurations, but this time it won't work. I don't remember how i solved it before 🙁

It is when i activate the direct 3d i get this problem, otherwise i can watch the cutscenes.

- Patriarch K has spoken!

Reply 4 of 10, by Cocoon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The onyl solution i have foud is to deactivate the direct 3d, but that way i cant play the game with hardware acceleration, there must be a better solution.

Edit: this has nothing to do with a widescreen monitor.

Reply 5 of 10, by btw3d

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Cocoon wrote:

The onyl solution i have foud is to deactivate the direct 3d, but that way i cant play the game with hardware acceleration, there must be a better solution.

.. and there is. Install glide wrapper and change parameters in options.ini to:

[Video]
Acceleration_Filtering=On
Video_Resolution=640x480x16
Video_3D_Driver=Glide/3Dfx: Voodoo Graphics
Video_Variable_Frame_Rate=Yes
Video_Gamma_Correction=2
Video_Texture_Cache=Large
Video_Texture_Resolution=High

Target resolution and aspect ratio can be set in nglide configurator in start menu.

Reply 6 of 10, by Cocoon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Many thanks man, that worked, i've set 800x600 btw.

Edit: now the problem is that going in windows while the game is running to change cd cause a crash, i guess i have to create other 3 virtual drive for the isos.

Edit2: Aaaarrgg doesnt work, what to do now ? 🙁