VOGONS

Common searches

WinFrotz

Topic actions

First post, by belewfripp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I did a search and didn't see any threads previously dealing with this program, so I thought I'd bring it up for any of those interested in playing old Text Adventure games (or even new Text Adventure games, at that).

The program is called WinFrotz, version 5.3 is XP-compatible, and is available at:

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,224 … escription.html

As for where you can get Text Adventure games, Activision published some compilations called the Infocom Collection many years ago, you may be able to obtain a copy of this somewhere. Also, the Zork Legacy Collection has a nice little Easter Egg - along with the copies of the original Zork Text games, it also has copies of about 16 other Infocom classics. I bought my copy about ten years ago in a mall in Baltimore, but perhaps stores like Chips & Bits online may still have copies.

Reply 1 of 2, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Sooo....do you want them to run the Windows version in Dos using HXRT or something? Why not direct people to the DOS version if your going to post in the DOS forum?

Moving to Windows....

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 2, by belewfripp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
DosFreak wrote:

Sooo....do you want them to run the Windows version in Dos using HXRT or something? Why not direct people to the DOS version if your going to post in the DOS forum?

Moving to Windows....

The description of the DOS forum reads: Getting old DOS games working.

The PC releases of Infocom's text adventures were all DOS games. This program allows you to play them, thus getting them working.

Therefore...