VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by lenselijer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

First I wanna say that this forum was really helpful to me, but I have a problem with Puma Street Soccer, you can get the demo from this url:

http://www.fileplanet.com/download.aspx?f=11316

It loads and I can go through some menus but when I start a match the game returns to the desktop.

I tried this game on 2 computers already and exactly the same problem. I heard that it is a problem with DirectX.

Here are my specs:

Pentium III 667mhz
512MB RAM
Geforce 2 MX 200
Soundblaster 128
Windows XP + SP1 + all updates

I already downloaded the Windows Application Compatibility Toolkit but I don't understand it, maybe someone can explain me step-by-step how it works.

The website for this game is gone, so I can't email the authors of the game for help...

I hope someone of you guys can help, because it looks like a great game.

Last edited by lenselijer on 2003-05-12, 16:40. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 4, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by lenselijer First I wanna say that this forum was really helpful to me, but I have a problem with Puma Street Soccer, you can get the demo from this url:
It loads and I can go through some menus but when I start a match the game returns to the desktop.

I got the exact same response with the demo. Then I ran in it with Compatibility mode set to Windows 95 and disabled "Visual Themes" and it seemed to run fine. Had problems with menu items, but I think that's just demo-related.

Reply 2 of 4, by lenselijer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I did the things you said, but when I start the game I get a popup screen with the text: 'The Program is not installed.'

When I disable the windows 95 setting the game runs, but it goes back to the desktop again 🙁

Reply 4 of 4, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by lenselijer I did the things you said, but when I start the game I get a popup screen with the text: 'The Program is not installed.'

Might be breaking some form of copy-protection...hard to tell. Try running the demo in the way I described, does it respond for you the same way?