VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by w@velength

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just installed an old copy of Blood 2 from a cd onto my Windows XP rig. I disabled v-sync in the d3d menu to get the menus and movies to stop flickering but the sound still stutters like a mofo. I downloaded the latest version of VDM sound hoping this would solve the problem but I can't seem to run it with Blood 2 because it's already a windows application or something (at least, the option doesn't appear when I right click on the blood2.exe).

Any ideas are welcome, thanks.

Windows XP, 1 gb ram, 3.0 ghz dual core processor, geforce 6600 gt, etc.

"Men of genius are admired; men of wealth are envied; men of power are feared; but only men of character are trusted."

Reply 1 of 5, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm sorry, this is on the wrong section. It should be posted on Windows section, since it's a windows based game. VDMSound is a sound emulator for DOS games to work under Windows NT4/2000/XP

Reply 4 of 5, by w@velength

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sweet Jesus. Way to come straight out of left field guys.

I gave up on Blood 2 around the time I found myself spending long hours attempting to use some crap windows program to partition off part of my computer for a second operating system (98) and thought to myself "is the game really worth this?"

Don't remember if I dabbled in 3d sound, I have a feeling it was one of the first things I tried.

I uninstalled the damn thing months ago. But thanks for the thought, I guess.

Last edited by w@velength on 2008-04-30, 18:37. Edited 1 time in total.

"Men of genius are admired; men of wealth are envied; men of power are feared; but only men of character are trusted."

Reply 5 of 5, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

What sound card are you using? Sound Blaster Live! cards are known to have buggy drivers for winxp since they were last updated in 2002, which cause the sound to cut, become choppy or even make the game to stop responding when a sound is played.