VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by red_avatar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I think with Vista becoming more and more used it might be handy to have a topic that handles older Windows games (95 or 98) and how people got them to run - I've managed to get quite a few of them working and will keep track of how I did so.

Silver (Infogrames)
This game has been a notorious pain in my ass. In WinXP I never managed to get it to run but luckily, there's been a patch that fixes this:
http://hampe.1go.dk/mirror/silver/
This patch is not that easy to find sadly enough, took me lots of searching but it works perfectly!

Revenant (EIDOS)
This kept crashing on me as I tried to start the game. Install the latest patch (not that hard to find) and then, in the options menu, you force the game to run in Software mode.

Ultima IX (EA)
I completed the game in Vista - it won't install in Vista, but you can install it in WinXP and just run it from Vista instead. Not ideal, but it works and the game runs just as well as in XP.

I'm going to add more and more games as I test them.

Reply 1 of 2, by F2bnp

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ah Silver!Thank you!In the bottom there is a link to a savegame right after the bell,oh god I really really hate that bell I thought I just couldn't get past it but it was a bug!Going to install now!

Oh and Revenant also!Yeah that's why it kept running slow I need the patch thanks 😉