VOGONS

Common searches

warzone 2100

Topic actions

First post, by stuntpup

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This game should run fine in XP according to many but ive always had a problem with it for some reason.. Installs ok crashes on running the directx version .. software version runs but sound glitches and no music ? (is there cd audio from this game ?)

Im running winXP on Athlon xp 2000 cpu, Epox mobo, 512mb ram and a geforce 4200, audigy sound card..

Reply 2 of 3, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by stuntpup Installs ok crashes on running the directx version

Ok, tracked mine down and ran it. Direct-X version ran fine. Glide version ran with illegible menu and no background using OpenGlide, Zeckensack's Glide wrapper was the same except it did have the proper background picture. Needs more testing as I wasn't able to actually get a game started (got lost in the menus).

...software version runs but sound glitches and no music ?

Oddly enough, this was the one that crashed on me. Started with a video mode change, then it dropped to the desktop while background music played.

(is there cd audio from this game ?)

Yes. Two audio tracks for each CD. Two subtle/depressing, two aggressive/depressing.

I wasn't using compatibility mode. Using it seemed to make matters worse. Will do some more testing.

Reply 3 of 3, by stuntpup

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I think my cd is bad .. just tried it on a friends pc and it does the same thing on his .. there are no audio tracks but i noticed when the cd was in the drive it took ages to respond, and an age to install .. (never checked cd 2)
I'll get hold of another copy and try it ..

cheers