VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by glyco0

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello everyone,

I have seen people discussing problems about installing and playing the game, Harvester, on DosBox, but has anyone had problems playing the game on Windows 98? It seems to install well, but when I double click the Harvest icon, a Dos-like screen opens with many lines on it opens, but nothing further happens. I will post a picture of the screen tonight. Has anyone experienced this with Windows 98? Thanks.

glyco0

Reply 2 of 4, by glyco0

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Here are two attachments: one is for the game start up when I click Harvest and a Dos-like window opens (harvest start.doc) and the other is when I try to open sound setup (sound start.doc).

Attachments

• Filename
    harvester start.doc
    File size
    57.5 KiB
    Downloads
    174 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
  • Filename
    sound start.doc
    File size
    50 KiB
    Downloads
    188 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

glyco0

Reply 3 of 4, by batracio

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The setup program doesn't detect a compatible digital device in your system, or you haven't selected your device yet. Which sound card do you have? It should offer hardware or software compatibility with one of the listed in "Select Digital" option in order for the game to work.

If "Auto Detect" doesn't work on you, try to manually enter the sound card configuration in "Select Digital". Those settings must be the same as in the control panel entry for Sound Blaster if you have an ISA SB 1.0, 1.5, 2.0, Pro, 16, AWE32 or AWE64, or in the control panel entry for Legacy Device if you have an Ensoniq AudioPCI, SB PCI 64, PCI 128, PCI 512, Live! or Aureal Vortex 1/2 (Control Panel -> System -> Device Manager -> Sound, Video and Game Controllers). If your sound card is other than those above, I don't know what kind of Sound Blaster compatibility or emulation it can support.