VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by whatu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Im having this problem where the AI controlled cars are constantly moving front wheels left and right, and braking. So the car never gets to the speed its supposed to have. The AI drives really slow.

I have tried setting the affinity to one core but that just doesnt seem to work.

I've searched a lot in google and found little information about this error, and absolutely no solution, so thats why i write this.

Any comment will be appreciated. thanks.

Reply 1 of 2, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Interstate 76 isn't really designed for high framerates so a lot of game logic gets flawed. You'll have to play this on a slower machine (150mhz to 400mhz is good, but if you like software 1024x768 then maybe 700mhz is in your alley), or a virtual machine that's appropriately slow enough for the game (such as qemu).

If you go on through the game and see that the flamethrower/gas weapons also don't work and the grenades explode too near you, you'll know why 😜

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 2 of 2, by whatu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks you for the info, i will try the virtual machine as i dont have any slow pcs 🙁
I guess I can ignore the flamethrower thing, I just want to remember the old days playing it 😜

this game rocks!

Thanks!