Common searches

Evil Twin

Topic actions

First post, by krank

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well, this is not an OLD game - from '99 or 00, I think... but:

I recently bought Evil Twin at a sale. It looked cool and twisted - just the way I want 'em..

I install the game on my XP pro machine, right? Then I run the game.

All I get is a weird error which says "Fatal Error #12: Language Unreachable. Please re-install Evil Twin".

I re-install it.

The same.

Again.

The same.

I find a patch (1.1, supposed to fix XP compatibility issues). I patch the game.

"Fatal Error #12: Language Unreachable. Please re-install Evil Twin".

Any ideas?

Reply 1 of 7, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by krank Well, this is not an OLD game - from '99 or 00, I think...

From 2001.

All I get is a weird error which says "Fatal Error #12: Language Unreachable. Please re-install Evil Twin".

*grumble*
A 150 Megabyte demo that apparently refuses to run because I don't have a joystick connected.

From the Language reference, it may be that it's expecting to detect a language-specific version of Windows...

By chance, did you get the original French version?

Reply 2 of 7, by krank

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

2001, you're right.

Anyways, I didn't get the French version, not unless the french version's installation prog and the box art was in english...

I'm on a Swedish version of WinXP - it might be that.

I could try to install it in a US win98 version I have on VirtualPC...

Reply 3 of 7, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by krank Anyways, I didn't get the French version, not unless the french version's installation prog and the box art was in english...

Probably not, but a lot of European titles will have plenty of English in/on their titles due to it's "commonality". I remember being confused as to why all the Amiga hacker "demos" were in English. Then I realized that the German programmers may not have known French, the French may not have known Italian, the Italians may have not known Dutch, but they all knew English...at least somewhat.

I'm on a Swedish version of WinXP - it might be that.

Might be...

I could try to install it in a US win98 version I have on VirtualPC...

It needs a 3D hardware video accellerator, so it not going to work on "Virtual PC" unless it has some kind of software "fallback" mode.

Reply 5 of 7, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by krank Hmph - it din't work at all on the VirtualPC... The video setup just crashed...

As I figured, no "software mode" fallback". If I can find a stick controller and hook it up, I'll give it another shot.

Reply 6 of 7, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Found a stick. Starts up now. Looks really good at the start. Seems to eat up every possible resource. Alt-tabbed out once...took me ages to get back in. Looks like a movie advertisement was a big part of the 150-meg download...hrmmm...

Nice intro...mood-setting music...*gack* voices are horribly distorted (note: it did this on Win98 as well). Intro crashed at the start of "the party". From here, "magic radiation" kicked in...

Results were inconsistent in XP... numerous times it would crash in the intro (at different places)... worse was when it seemed to lock out all input (keyboard AND stick) forcing a hard reboot. Hope the full game is more stable than this...

I was able to actually play some on Win98 by skipping the intro...

Not sure what to make of it...

Reply 7 of 7, by krank

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Nicht Sehr Gut wrote:
Found a stick. Starts up now. Looks really good at the start. Seems to eat up every possible resource. Alt-tabbed out once...too […]
Show full quote

Found a stick. Starts up now. Looks really good at the start. Seems to eat up every possible resource. Alt-tabbed out once...took me ages to get back in. Looks like a movie advertisement was a big part of the 150-meg download...hrmmm...

Nice intro...mood-setting music...*gack* voices are horribly distorted (note: it did this on Win98 as well). Intro crashed at the start of "the party". From here, "magic radiation" kicked in...

Results were inconsistent in XP... numerous times it would crash in the intro (at different places)... worse was when it seemed to lock out all input (keyboard AND stick) forcing a hard reboot. Hope the full game is more stable than this...

I was able to actually play some on Win98 by skipping the intro...

Not sure what to make of it...

I'll try dl'ing the intro myself... I'll get back to you.