VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by ironnails

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Could one of you please answer this error code for me?

Error[35] Unexpected Interrupt=0000 in DOS4G@.EXE at 0160:18AE code=0000 ss=0168 ds=0168 es=0168 ax=0005 bx=FF00 cx=0000 dx=0000 sp=220E bp=0000 si=0160 di=0000

I have a AMD64 athlon chip with 6800 Nvidia video card Nvidia Mother board built in sound driver to the mother board

any help would be appreciated.

Thx

David

Reply 1 of 13, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Corrupted/Abandonware version of game
Old version of DosBox
Improper sound configuration

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 2 of 13, by ironnails

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

probably improper sound card configuration. I'm trying to remember how to configure the Autoexec and the Config files but cant remember. I do know i need them placed within the same file as the game to get this to work for the sound part

Reply 4 of 13, by ironnails

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

welp blast. i've been trying to configure the autoexec file to make the sound card work thinking that was the problem. The game is Dungeon Master 2 Legend of SkullKeep. Its a game i bought back in 1995 and really enjoy it but cant get it to work on windows XP. Hence using DOSbox version 0.72.

not getting sound on when i do the set-up file sooo, really thought it was just the sound card glitch.

any ideas?

Reply 6 of 13, by ironnails

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

bah, still not working. and still getting the same error code.

i did the mount as:

mount d e:\ -t cdrom -usecd 0-aspi

did the aspi since its a 1995 CD-rom game. also just tried to play the game off of the CD once i downloaded it into this mount:

mount c c:\intrplay\skulkeep

i do admit this is realllly getting frustrating 😀.

Reply 8 of 13, by ironnails

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

yep it still does that even if i have it setup for no sound. i admit this is really frustrating. they making ye actually have ta get newer games and i believe the older games have a lot more originality then the newer based ones out there.

course i'm 35 yrs of age and i got ta grow up seeing the TRS-80's and commodores hehehheeh.

Reply 9 of 13, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Nails - follow my 60 seconds guide. Don't try any thing fancy with the CD mounts, don't try to create any AUTOEXEC.BAT or CONFIG.SYS files (every thing is done inside the dosbox.conf file).

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 10 of 13, by ironnails

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

BAH i got the sound part working perfectly via the setup for the game but still am getting that error code when i do the actual "SKULL.EXE" file to run the game.

WOOOOOT it WORKS via me doing the "DM2.BAT" file heheheh THX SOOOOO MUCH!!!! WOOOOT i have full sounda AND graphics now. wooot dungeon seige takes a SECOND seat now heheheh 😀.

thank you VERY much minimax!!!! now its time ta fling a few fireballs and try this puppy out on full screen 😀

Reply 12 of 13, by ironnails

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

BAH, ok what's the trick to configure the windows for full resolution when you do alt+enter and get full screen? Part of the screen is overlapping the top. i remember reading a article that stating for x=0 arnd y=0 or something like that but cant remember WHERE to place that information to make this work 😀

Reply 13 of 13, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/Dosbox.conf#.5Bsdl.5D
http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/oldwiki/index.p … sbox.conf%2Fsdl

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions