VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just bought some old 3d games and Need For Speed II SE was among them, today I tried to install it as the 3dfx version which it should automatically if the install sense I have a 3dfx gfx card which I have....a Voodoo 2 with the latest drivers from 3dfxzone.it but nothing happens..it just installs the plan non hw accelerated version.
Is an original Voodoo 1 needed or is there a way to manually install the right stuff from the cd?

My retro computer stuff: https://lychee.jjserver.net/#16136303902327

Reply 1 of 6, by doomer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Install the normal version, full installation. After that just open your nfs2se cd, go to the root and copy "NFS2SEA.EXE" from there to the directory where your Need for Speed II SE is installed. Then run it and you shouldn't need anything else since you have a voodoo 2 card. 😀

Reply 2 of 6, by Amigaz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
doomer wrote:

Install the normal version, full installation. After that just open your nfs2se cd, go to the root and copy "NFS2SEA.EXE" from there to the directory where your Need for Speed II SE is installed. Then run it and you shouldn't need anything else since you have a voodoo 2 card. 😀

Thanks, going to try that 😀

My retro computer stuff: https://lychee.jjserver.net/#16136303902327

Reply 4 of 6, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

<sarcasm>Oh, thanks for sharing your eternal knowledge with us. I'm sure the OP didn't even know that something like "P2P" exists. I bet you have enlightened him.</sarcasm>

Abandonware and warez related talk is not welcome on VOGONS.

Reply 5 of 6, by Devil Master

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm sure the OP didn't even know that something like "P2P" exists.

He may not have known that a version he doesn't need to install at all exists. And since he has the original, it's not warez. It's just using something that works, as opposed to something that doesn't.

Reply 6 of 6, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Devil Master wrote:

I'm sure the OP didn't even know that something like "P2P" exists.

He may not have known that a version he doesn't need to install at all exists. And since he has the original, it's not warez. It's just using something that works, as opposed to something that doesn't.

But then again it is a grey area.