VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Mastrolta

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have recently acquired Mechwarrior 2 Titanium Trilogy. I know that there is a patch to allow me to play it on XP. However, I can not even attempt that for I can't seem to install it and I do not know or understand the cause. I can not find a anyone else having this problem. I will give full tech specs of my machine if necessary though at this point is seems to be a software problem.

I insert Disc1 of the trilogy. It brings the auto run up swiftly. I choose to install it. I go through all the bits to where it asks about the directory. I choose to install it on my secondary hardrive. My primary is a ten thousand Rpm I only use it for OS and 3D Modeling programs.

After selecting the directory I choose next to begin the install. I wait half a tick and it gives me an error message stating: "InstallShield Engine has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." And here is the Error Signature: "AppName: _ins576._mp AppVer: 5.0.223.0 ModName: getinfo.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 000042b3"

From what I have read everyone else has gotten the game to atleast install on XP and this happens when I choose either software acceleration or 3D hardware options.

I am running an AMD Quad FX Platform...with one cpu because I broke the other...4gig Dual Channel though xp only recognizes 2gigs of course...will be updating to Xp64 soon...primary sata drive 150gig 10k RPM, second drive 500gig 7.5K RPM...1gig ATI Radeon 2900XT...

I would greatly appreciate any help at all,

Thanks,

M.

Reply 1 of 1, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Maybe you need to run the installer in compatibility mode? Go to your CD, find the AUTORUN.INF file, open it in Notepad and see what the name is of the installer that gets automatically launched.

Drag a short-cut of it to your desktop, right-click the shortcut and choose some compatibility mode. Now launch the installer using your new shortcut.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions