VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Lachdahnan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Revenant on XP is killing me. Its fighting me non stop. So Im going to take the VM path with 98 SE. My main beef with this is that the video stinks. So, if I was to take dgVooDoo wrapper and apply it inside the VM, it would allow me to use more than just software mode in game.

This sounds like a plan to attempt, but I know very little about 3D graphic emulation. Does this sound even possible or should I keep working on my XP methods?

*Edit*
Oh.. Maybe I should have put this in the PC section? Sorry about that.

*Another Edit*
Ive been fooling around with dgVoodoo today on XP and seem to be having a little trouble. How do you know when dgVoodoo is actually being used in a windows application? Will you actually be able to select a Voodoo card from the games list of video accelerators? And when I run the dgVoodoo.exe it says the applications for DOS. Does the windows method actually say its running for windows applications?

Reply 1 of 1, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Remember to copy these 3 files to system folder: Glide2x.dll, Glive2x.ovl and Glide.dll. Then you should run dgvoodoosetup.exe and make sure it's configuring the glide2x.dll (or glide.dll) in the /system32 (or /system, dependig which OS you're using) on the top of the page. If not, use the search button right next to ./ and windir buttons. Also check the configuration for the DOS glide and see if "Working in VDD mode" is checked, if so, running dgvoodoo.exe is not necessary.

Will you actually be able to select a Voodoo card from the games list of video accelerators?

Only if the game has the option to run in native 3dfx acceleration and not if only support 2nd card in direct3d mode.