VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Elayne

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have installed some time ago GK1 and today I installed P1 - all with XP installers, all went fine. I played GK1 till the crime scene, chapter 1 - and then the game crashes, saying that SIERRAW causes some kind of problem! And what do you think - I launch P1, and it doesn't start, saying the same thing!!!!!!!!! But they both worked perfectly, no problem with this sierraw "cries" "cries" And I have GK2 installed, it works now, but who knows, it has this damned sierraw as well!
Why is started happening?? Everything was fiiiinne. Pleasse help!

Reply 2 of 11, by Elayne

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Is there any link to how make Phantasmagoria run in Dosbox?

Oh and I managed to run GK1 in DOsbox, but the dialogs are too fast, everything is working too fast actually, the dialogs are so fast you can't even read them. What should I do??

Reply 6 of 11, by Elayne

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Alright, I found that my problem is that I installed GK not through Dosbox. But I cannot do it, because when I run install.exe via the box the folder to which I should choose to install the game does not appear - blank place.
Commands: mount f f:\ -t cd rom
f:
install.exe

Where am I wrong?

Reply 7 of 11, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Read my 60 Seconds Guide to DOSBox (and don't just read it - follow it too).

Your case, since your readl CD/DVD-drive is F, remember that the mount command for the CD-ROM will be

mount D F:\ -t cdrom

If that doesn't help, come back with details on how you mounted your C and D drives, how you did the install, how you configured sound, music etc.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 8 of 11, by Elayne

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Dear MiniMax, thank you SO MUCH, finally it's working! I hope no more crashes for this Gabriel))))))))

And about Phantasmagoria - I follow the same steps, right, but the game will need cds change while playing?

Reply 9 of 11, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Ummmm - that is a little tricky 🙁 I think it is best if you learn how to make images (copies) of your CD's first.

There are many different programs that can do that. I have always used IsoBuster.

When you have created images of your CD's, you need to use the imgmount instead of the normal mount command, like this:

imgmount D image1.cue image2.cue image3.cue -t iso

and then when you need to change CD's you simply press CTRL-F4.

But start with creating the images...

Reply 10 of 11, by Elayne

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

MiniMax, I have all 7 iso images done))
So I run Phantasmagoria with DosBox, right, it's the best way? It's my favourite game from childhood, such a pleasure would be to play it in English again! (I played it in Russian, the official release, but it is not the same pleasure as to hear their "real" voices once more).

Aha, so I use this imgmount command to be able not to change the cds)) So I install the game with DosBox as well? And I start with, as with GK, mount c c:\"folder"?

Reply 11 of 11, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

100% correct.

Maybe you should also try one of the graphical frontends for DOSBox. Once you have learned the basics of getting DOSBox to your run games, a frontend makes it very easy to configure mounting, window size, speed etc.

http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/DOSBoxFrontends