Common searches

Hey Qbix ..

Topic actions

First post, by TeraNova

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I guess some people can't take criticisms in good heart! 😜

Dude, I've managed to play hundreds of old DOS games by using your software so I'm not ungrateful or anything, it's just I can't really said that DOSBox is helping me regarding my problem (or a good remedy in my case) with DKGold or Blood or Redneck Rampage! And I'm sure as hell that it isn't a PEBKAC problem! 😏

A short paragraph of a useful step-by-step guide would be great, but all I'm getting is an already-made general guide that doesn't help me AT ALL!! By just reading the included readme.txt I can figure out how to mount a drive through DOSBox, but my problem is kinda unique and I can't figure it out without a pro help!

If you guys really want to help people out in these forums, then HELP THEM RIGHT!

Otherwise, logoff NOW!

Reply 4 of 37, by TeraNova

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
wd wrote:

I guess some people can't take criticisms in good heart!

What idiot are you?
I'm voting for a permanent ban, and please somebody move these threads to trash.

What kind of a retard are you? 😖

It's my right to express my opinion or any kind of criticisms as I see fit! so please spare me the ass-kissing act!

Reply 6 of 37, by TeraNova

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ADDiCT wrote:

Yeah, his attitude is unbelievably stupid. Ban that idiot.

Is it now? 😒

I was polite in my reply, the DOSBox is not a useful software for running a 1997+ Dos game and it need more work!

You guys are the idiots for attacking me like this!

Reply 8 of 37, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

I beg to differ sir.

Yeh and you are wrong.

I was polite in my reply, the DOSBox is not a useful software for running a 1997+ Dos game

Which is wrong, as it's the combination "user is too stupid to configure dosbox to get it running a 1997+ dos game" is present.

Reply 9 of 37, by TeraNova

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
wd wrote:
Yeh and you are wrong. […]
Show full quote

I beg to differ sir.

Yeh and you are wrong.

I was polite in my reply, the DOSBox is not a useful software for running a 1997+ Dos game

Which is wrong, as it's the combination "user is too stupid to configure dosbox to get it running a 1997+ dos game" is present.

I RUN THE GAME YOU DUMB FUCK, BUT IT'S JUST TOO FUCKING SLOW TO ENJOY IT!

GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK RETARDED SKULL YOU FUCKTARD!

Reply 13 of 37, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

TeraNova, I am not impressed by you either, but don't mind trying to help a bit anyway.

Have you read this wiki-entry?

http://dosbox.sourceforge.net/oldwiki/index.p … eDemandingGames

It is a bit old, but the general advice is still okay. First and foremost, get to know the dosbox.conf file.

Also, pay attention to step 3 here:

The Newbie's Pictorial Guide To DOSBox

As for your specific games, we can only help you if we have the games. And I don't.

Finally, when you have time, check my signature, and read the entry called "How to ask questions". It might enlighten you a bit to why you are not the most popular person around here.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 14 of 37, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

P.S: Is there any *good* fan-made mods to run Blood, Redneck Rampage and any 1997+ in high-resolution?

Google ?

TeraNova wrote:
wd wrote:

No.

I beg to differ sir. 😀

Here on Vogons (as on most boards where other people pay the bill), it is a privilege not a right.

Last edited by Qbix on 2008-03-19, 13:51. Edited 1 time in total.

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 17 of 37, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Qbix wrote:
Google ? […]
Show full quote

P.S: Is there any *good* fan-made mods to run Blood, Redneck Rampage and any 1997+ in high-resolution?

Google ?

TeraNova wrote:
wd wrote:

No.

I beg to differ sir. 😀

Here on Vogons (as on most boards where other people pay the bill), it is a privilege not a right.

http://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_Am1.html

Reply 18 of 37, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Dungeon Keeper Gold, you must edit the config file to point to where your CD is. if you use are too lazy to burn them to a CD then you will either have to edit the CFG fil when switching between the original and the expansion or switching the image that is mounted on the virtual drives.

if you burnt it then th path will logically always be valid for the drive it was installed from.

Also, if you want to play games quickly then go use virtual pc and dont complain to us it sucks, thats what you get with shit (yet fast) code.

Note: i am unaware if they fixed the path issue with DK Gold.

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website

Reply 19 of 37, by Kippesoep

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
WolverineDK wrote:

😁 that applies to restrictions from legislation by the US Congress. Not to moderation on a message board. Not to mention the fact that the US constitution simply does not apply to 96% of the world's population.