VOGONS

Common searches

Hey Qbix ..

Topic actions

Reply 23 of 37, by general_vagueness

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Oh, this is awesome! A real live flame war!

OK, TeraNova, unfortunately, you don't get to say whatever you want here, and you might try changing the speed of DOSBox. If your problem is that no one has told you how to do that:
you just use Ctrl-F7, Ctrl-F8, Ctrl-F11 or Ctrl-F12, probably Ctrl-F11 and Ctrl-F12
and the speed of DOSBox will change, meaning the speed of the game will change, within certain limits of course.

Also, I'm a part-time grammar nazi, so if you're in doubt, you can ask me, or repeat the error until it starts driving me crazy. 😉 But seriously, is English not your first language? I've been helping (or trying to help) some people on here with their English and I'd be willing to try to help you too. That is, if you act a little nicer.

TeraNova wrote:

If you guys really want to help people out in these forums, then HELP THEM RIGHT!

Otherwise, logoff NOW!

That's what they were talking about. 😒
And using 😏 to describe yourself as you are right now is an extremely good way to flamed.

wd wrote:

Also i like threads that reference "the" constitution in undoubtful ways!

<sarcasm>Why would there be any doubt? It's obviously the Constitution of the United Federation of Planets! </sarcasm>

You cannot fall off the floor.
If you look hard enough, you'll find something you don't like.

How to ask questions the smart way
How to become a hacker
How to answer smart-alec questions

Reply 25 of 37, by mg55

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
leileilol wrote:

Forums where registration is required (and agreeing to terms of service) is not a public free speech venue

True.
Even in public places in the U.S. free speech has limits. Try standing in the street and yelling in someone's window. When the cops show up be sure to use 'free speech' as your defense. 😀

In my experience the people who scream about free speech the loudest tend to be the ones with nothing useful to say...(This is not a condemnation of anyone invloved in this thread, just an observation.)

Last edited by mg55 on 2008-03-19, 17:53. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 26 of 37, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
general_vagueness wrote:

Oh, this is awesome! A real live flame war!

Can you really call it a flame war when it is just some kid throwing a hissy fit because we can't automagically make it work without him doing anything and others are recoiling at such a display of immaturity? I vote that he should simply use VPC. Let him see where his rantings get him with MS.

Reply 27 of 37, by gidierre

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
rcblanke wrote:
wd wrote:

You guys sucks is gramatically flawed.

Whahahaa ROFL 🤣
At least something good coming out of this thread... 😉

...and to the best support of supportive supporters of technical support,

don't forget the sheer quizzicality of that (unsupported) tragic pharmacy pas de deux drama :

customer : what sort of lousy *%§& condoms you've been selling me in this pharmacy ! You f***ed up my date !

pharmacist : why is that, sir ? Did they break ?

customer : f**k, break, no, they bend!!

as ADDiCT recently recalled. honi soit qui mal y pense, said the King.

Don't know if this slice of life story a Forum can afford to harbor 😳
if not some Wise Invisible Hand will take good care to amend.

If you didn't understand the story, you can read it
If you were offendend by it, skip reading it

Reply 28 of 37, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Kippesoep wrote:
WolverineDK wrote:

😁 that applies to restrictions from legislation by the US Congress. Not to moderation on a message board. Not to mention the fact that the US constitution simply does not apply to 96% of the world's population.

Well, both in the Netherlands and here , then freedom of speech is a part of our "constitution" (or at least it a part my democracy, even though it is becoming more of a demockracy and the Danish prime minister pronounces democracy like it was "demockracy" since his English is extremely bad and he is a bloody Bush arse licker) . And most of Europe too. And yes I know some people doesn´t live in "free" countries . on this forum. But freedom of speech is not an issue. At least we can curse here more or less. Without some moderator goes in and censors the words.

wd wrote:

Why?

Also i like threads that reference "the" constitution in undoubtful ways!

WD I could have shown a link to the Danish grundlov. But then you wouldn´t understand the language. That is why I was showing the first amendment which is freedom of speech under responsibility. Meaning if I was shouting "death to the vogons forum ! ! !", and meant it. Then I could go to jail for it. But I like this forum, but still I use my freedom of speech.

Reply 29 of 37, by wd

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Uhm it's not about free speech or something, but that the OP claimed that
dosbox needs to be much faster to run his games instead of describing
what problem he has and getting helpful answers then.

Reply 30 of 37, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
wd wrote:

Uhm it's not about free speech or something, but that the OP claimed that
dosbox needs to be much faster to run his games instead of describing
what problem he has and getting helpful answers then.

Ok, that is noted and taken to reconsideration .

Reply 32 of 37, by general_vagueness

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
collector wrote:

...such a display of immaturity?

Isn't that the essence of a flame war, and an actual war for that matter?

collector wrote:

Let him see where his rantings get him with MS.

nowhere, of course

I propose an abbreviation (yes, another one)
DNC: does not compute
or if you prefer
DOES NOT COMPUTE, kind of like DO NOT WANT
"You don't like our product? DNC."
"Help for your software? DNC."
"You don't like our forum? DNC."
"yous guys is teh suck of globe!"
"DOES NOT COMPUTE"
"I want to **** your ******"
"DO NOT WANT!"

How to become a hacker

Reply 33 of 37, by djp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

You know, I had some sympathy for this character at first, as the Vogons crew is such a cold-hearted, unforgiving bunch ( 😀 ), but he lost me just about the time he said Take your time guys...I'm shocked that he was tolerated for so long past that!

Never try to outstubborn a cat. - Lazarus Long

Reply 36 of 37, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
TeraNova wrote:

P.S: Is there any *good* fan-made mods to run Blood, Redneck Rampage and any 1997+ in high-resolution?

No, DOSBOX --being emulator it is-- is always slower than real DOS machine. Make no mistake, DOSBOX has much evolved since the first time it came around. For example, now you can use multiple joystick axis and MT-32 emulation. However, when using emulation, there is always performance tradeoff. Unless you're using really kickass CPUs like the latest Core Duo, don't even dream of running 1997+ DOS games in high resolution.

You want to run Blood in 1024x768? Then build a DOS-legacy system. A Pentium III mobo with ISA slots (For DOS sound card) should serve the purpose well.

As for the freedom of speech bullshit... Yes, Vogons crews may be cold-hearted, unforgiving bastards, but you were asking for HELP while poking those who are supposed to help you, so don't get surprised if you get your ass busted. Grow the fuck up.

Never thought this thread would be that long, but now, for something different.....
Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman.

Reply 37 of 37, by general_vagueness

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I didn't know this came from other threads.

3-18-08 @ 01:51 AM
3-18-08 @ 07:17 AM
3-19-08 @ 02:50 AM

you generally have to wait more than a day (or even 25½ hours) to get a reply, or at least a good one (i.e. just me saying "I don't know, maybe it's this, oh well, good luck")
I agree, I think it's banhammer time.
PEBKAC indeed

How to become a hacker