VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Elayne

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, I have this question: I installed GK3, everything went fine. I start playing the game and I watch the intro video - all is fine. It ends with some guy at a railway station telling Gab to go to a hotel. Intro video ends, I press start a new game (or whatever this option is called in GK3), appears the screen with a face of that guy from a railway station with a lantern and there's an inscription 10 -11 am or smth like that. Then appears the sreen with a Gabriel in his hotel room, so the game begins.

Thus I have a question - is everything actually alright or is there anything missing, like another introduction video telling why Gab ended up in France in the very beginning, from what I described?

(I play under XP)

Reply 1 of 1, by Leissuit1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I saw your topic, joined the forum to help you out. 😁

Basically, the original GK3 came with a small graphic novel that told the story of why you were on that train. (SPOILERS AHEAD)

Gabe and his sidekick, Grace, were at the home of a member of royalty (Scottish, I think...it's been awhile) named Prince James Stewart, if I remember. He has called on Gabe as a schattenjager, or "shadowchaser"(long story...it's the basic plot of the first 2 games) to protect his infant son. That night, Gabe is awakened by a noise, and sees 2 shadowy figures abduct Sir James' infant son.

Gabe basically chases them, and winds up aboard a train, heading into the French countryside. He finds the baby on the train, but is knocked out from behind. When he wakes up is basically where the game starts. Your job as Gabe(and, later, as Grace) is to investigate the local area, figure out WHY the kidnappers took the baby, and interview all the potential suspects you meet.

Hope that helped!! 😀

"DEEP HURRRRRTIIIIING!!"