VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by ANTBomber0

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am having trouble getting Septerra Core to run on my system. My first problem was getting the game to install on Windows 2000, but changing the autoexec and config nt files in the system32 folder to read only seemed to help. But after the game seemingly finishes installing, it goes back to the install menu where the option is again Install or Exit and when I try to run it, it says the install wasn't completed.

I have the latest version of Direct X and Quicktime player so it can't be that.

Can anyone please help me?

Reply 1 of 4, by Qbix

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Some general remarks as I don't know the game.

maybe they want older versions ? Newer versions of DirectX don't tend to solve problems with old games. And games can be
very sensitive to which version of Quiktime is installed..

Water flows down the stream
How to ask questions the smart way!

Reply 3 of 4, by ANTBomber0

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

How do you switch to 98 compatibility mode? Also, I checked and the version I got is a rereleased version that doesn't seem to have quicktime on the disc. I tried installing it and selected to not install quicktime or direct x, but it still says game was not properly installed.

Is there someplace I could obtain the older version of quicktime that is needed?

Reply 4 of 4, by catchaserguns

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

On my version which I got from the computer store a year ago it has Quicktime. Also I am running windows Xp. Don't know if windows 2000 has a compatability mode or not. Don't know how to help you on that. I just know what worked for me. Good luck to you.