Common searches

the new adventures of the time machine

Topic actions

Reply 60 of 64, by infernoj13usa

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Jiri wrote:

I don´t have The New Adventures of the Time Machine so I can´t try it, but on this XP compatibility list is mentioned that this game can work in XP - there is also set-up for the game but no info about "ISDX_ERR_BADWINDOWSVERSION" so maybe it won´t help.

That's because I never had that message. It's definetly compatible with WinXP (otherwise I wouldn't have been able toplay it on Windows XP. 🙄 ) but I think it is probably a "combination" of things that make it difficult to run. (ie video cards/soundcards/tsrs. and so on.

Inferno

Reply 61 of 64, by dud716

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Nicht, I'm back!

I'm going to attempt to install the dual-boot that we had discussed earlier in this thread. I have created the appropriate partitions, but as of yet, I haven't installed XP. I wanted to ask you about the cluster sizes that you had mentioned. As I would like to conserve HD space, what cluster size do you suggest that I use with the following partition set-up for my dual boot.

C: WIN 98-SE...........................partiton size= 37 Gigs. (for now)
D: Non-XP games and apps.......partition size= 3 Gigs.
E: for XP games and apps.........partition size= 4 Gigs.
F: through M: several small TEMPORARY partitions (these will be deleted after XP is installed)

N: Win XP (to be installed) partition size 8-10 Gigs.

If you have any additional tips, precautions, or suggestions, I would appreciate your input on the subject.

Thanks,
dud

...in that quiet earth"

Reply 62 of 64, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'm not sure where Nicht or nearly all of our lovely admins and moderators have gone.

Back to The Time Machine - dud, you sure these directions don't work?
http://home.earthlink.net/~infernofilecabinet … chine_Setup.htm

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 64 of 64, by dud716

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Stiletto, thanks for the help.

For now, TIME MACHINE is on hold. At least with regard to WIN-XP. I now have WIN-98SE installed, and the game plays fine.

At the present time, I'm attempting to install the dual-boot setup that Nicht has described earlier in this thread. I have a question about the cluster size that I should use for the partitions that I have created. I have a 60Gig Hard Drive and I would like to minimize wasted space by using the appropriate cluster size.

Also,

I have to do some reading up on Partition Magic 8.0 before I install WIN-XP on the " N: " partition that I have created according to Nicht's suggestion (earlier in this thread).

BTW....Where's Nicht? Did he get shipped out with his reserve unit?

(Nicht, if you can read this, keep your head down and come home
safe.)

Thanks,

dud

...in that quiet earth"