Common searches

First post, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I recenlty got a sealed copy of Montezuma's Return, a nice game
BUT
due to a bug (I assume) the 3DFX version does not start the game if you have a voodoo3 (that I have) , but there is a work-around... If you open a directX screen , or do something that opens a directX screen before the game, then it works flawlessly... I have no idea why is this, since it is a Glide game, but I suspect it uses directX to display the intro-video (that is where the 3dfx version hangs for ever, before it tries to play the video...) I have installed directX 8.1 and it works fine in all other games...
also there are NO patches, and I think I do have the last version, 1.23W (some others I saw on web where 1.19 , 1.11...)
So I am looking for a small prog to put it in a batch file, that it would run before the 3DFX version... preferably something that opens a screen and then quits immediatelly... anyone heared of such a prog?
thanks 😊

Reply 1 of 5, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

hmm, you could look for a file called Perf_w95.exe. It's the benchmark program for MDK (so if you happen to own that game you can use that). It needs to be terminated, you could do that with an autohotkey script or autoit script.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 2 of 5, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

hmmm might try that , I own MDK special edition 😁
thanks!

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 4 of 5, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

🙁

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper