VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Marko

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I mean this old game with the virtual guitar pick and songs from Aerosmith. Is there any way to get this going on windows xp or windows 98 with a sb16 pci soundboard? I can't get a sound from this vpick they included in the package...and it was such a fun in those days.

Reply 1 of 4, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Probably the VPick has just gone. I remember running the game in Win95 fine, there's no reason it wouldn't work in 98 unless your VPick was dead. You might just want to try fabbing something of your own -- open the pick up, see which pins are leading where, get a parallel port connector, and hook some wires up to it. 😀

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 3 of 4, by magick29

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have this, and actually have it up and running under win95 on my retro machine. However, I also have the guitar controller and can't get it to work with the game. There was something that had to be done to the .ini file to make the guitar work instead of the vpick, but I can't find info on it anywhere. Does anyone know where I can find info on this?

Chris

Reply 4 of 4, by magick29

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The original Virtual Music site is archived on www.archive.org. If you have the game running and recognizing the V-Pick, then you can install the guitar using the instructions found here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20010503023834/www … upport/vguitar/