VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by dreamsreloaded

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I know this question has already been asked many, many times before, but I'm going to ask it again - how can I make the voices in KQ5 work? I'm using the CD installation, have used DosBox (very badly, I think, considering I've never used it before and haven't used DOS commands since I was 6) to make it run, but I can't make the voices work. And there's just not much point playing it without the speech.

Anyone who can help me - and also can keep in mind that I have a limited knowledge of DOS and DosBox - would be offered my eternal loyalty and thanks.

Reply 1 of 2, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Try this.

Read my 60 Seconds Guide to DOSBox (and don't just read it - follow it too).

If the voices are not working with this setup, try to make a CUE/BIN image of the CD, and use the imgmount command (imgmount D path-to-image.cue -t iso) when mounting the D-drive.

If that doesn't help, come back with details on how you mounted your C and D drives, how you did the install, how you configured sound, music etc.

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 2 of 2, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

No need for a disc image for this game. Just be sure to also mount your CD drive. Install the game from within DOSBox.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers