VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Mephisto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

HI Anybody;

I love this game, and got an idea of making a small Website (just for me 😀 ) - but for this i need some Graphics. The internet brought only wallpaper and Ingame graphics (Screenshots),so nothing i could Use als backgrounds or for something else.

My next thought was to extract some textures form the game (the Background Sky - or what ever the game has), but the files are all paked in "PAK" files. I searched for a solution using google, and found some links to small Programs, but the Links are allready dead 🙁

Next info from google was, that these PAK-Files are simple ZIP files and to open/extract with every ZIP-Knowing Software. So i tried open these using WINRAR, but Winrar says that it could not open, and the Files may be damaged (I've got the Game installed, and its Working - so the Archives MUST be OK)

Do anybody know how to open the PAK files from Outcast ??

THX in advance

PS: i Searched for an Offtopic-Forum, whrere i Can place the topic, but im a bit out of shape - so i hope, this is not that missplaced here, in the Windows-Forum 😊

Edit: Now i know where i had to post this topic - Sry 😢

Reply 1 of 4, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Try this plugin for Total Commander. I don't know whether it will serve you or not.

Attachments

• Filename
    wcx_gaup_plugin_0.6.0.0pro.rar
    File size
    265.43 KiB
    Downloads
    475 downloads
    File comment
    Game resource unpacker for Total Commander
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 2 of 4, by Mephisto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I dont use Total Commander, but i managed to extract the PAK files with some other programm (damn: i forgott, where i had it from 😠 )

But - to my regret - the files inside are everything else, but not what i was looking for. (instead of BMP, TGA or JPG files, there are only specific files, of which i havn't heard yet - like: SRF, BTM or TRT)

Do anybody has an Idea, where i could find the textures used in the game ??? Maybe someone has heard of a way to get them

THX