VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Tanukitsune

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have and AMD Athlon 64*2 5600+ with Vista, 3 G or Ram with a Radeon HD 2400 PRO

And many of my old Windows games seems to have a graphic issue, the color switch around leaving with a screen that hurts to watch and making the game unplayable...

All I have tried so far is to mess with the compatibility setting, but that didn't help much...

Reply 3 of 9, by djp

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've been able to play a lot of older games on Vista by running Setup with 256 color mode/640 X 480 resolution checked (right-click Setup icon), not selecting any particular Windows in the compatibility section. Then you install.

Never try to outstubborn a cat. - Lazarus Long

Reply 8 of 9, by doomer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Another good option you should try is running the game in "administrator mode". That actually solves the problems for many older games in Vista. Right-click the game shortcut and choose "run in administrator mode". After that you can customize the shortcut itself and enable the administrator mode on every run by enabling that option in the compatibility tab.

I've found that to fix problems for many older games on Vista, as for example, Sanitarium. Running the game normally would produce illegal operation error on startup and the game would not boot at all. After enabling the administrator mode, on the other hand, the game started up normally and worked like a charm. Give it a try.

Reply 9 of 9, by Tanukitsune

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I kept getting the "can't find fonts" error, so I tried to uninstall it but I got an error... And now I can't unisntall it properly?
I wonder if I can just delete the files so I can install it again?

Whatever I did with the application compatibility toolkit messed it up apparently...