VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Scarletblack

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok, when i start it up, the usual thing happens. It asks me to install it before i can play, nothing big. I hit the install button, and the Sierra On-Line Setup appears, as it should. But, it's minimized. It doesn't go full screen as it should. I've tried running the setup and the autorun in compatibility mode, it didn't work though.

Anyone got any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply 1 of 7, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This is one of the few Sierra games I don't own, so anything that I can suggest will be a shot in the dark. I think that this might the LSL7 installer bug that affects a number of Sierra games from that time. Try switching to "Classic Windows Theme" and running the setup. If this does not work, try this New Leisure Suit Larry 7 Installer

Reply 4 of 7, by jafa

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I have been updating the Sierra SCI3 games to work under XP/Vista:
http://www.squirtthecat.com/index.html

LSL7 for XP/Vista:
http://www.squirtthecat.com/games/leisure_sui … ry_7/index.html

Features:
* XP/Vista installer.
* XP/Vista windows executable.
* Scales to use entire screen (Direct3D bilinear interpolation).
* Per-user save games (Vista friendly).
* Fixes exceptions and script errors under XP/Vista.

Nick

Reply 5 of 7, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hi jafa, this is about the game "Stay Tooned", not LSL7. The installer is for all Sierra games that with a hidden setup under XP. There are several games that have this bug. The author of the installer wrote it for LSL7, but it works for all of the games with this problem. It is not really an installer, it just forces the setup process into a Window. It still uses the original installer.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 6 of 7, by jafa

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
collector wrote:

Hi jafa, this is about the game "Stay Tooned", not LSL7. The installer is for all Sierra games that with a hidden setup under XP. There are several games that have this bug. The author of the installer wrote it for LSL7, but it works for all of the games with this problem. It is not really an installer, it just forces the setup process into a Window. It still uses the original installer.

I miss-read, oops 😀

Reply 7 of 7, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

No problem. BTW, I posed a thread in the Release Announcements a while back about your installers with a link to your page.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers