VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Blob106

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just bought Abomination on the Sold-Out label & I have two problems.

1. If I try to do a full install it conks out at about 83% saying "An error occured in the move data process". Therefore I have to install it on the medium install.

2. On the medium install when I try to run it, it says "Unable ro Locate the Abomination CD ROM" when it is in the drive. Same still happens when I install the 2.70 patch. Sold-Out doesn't mention this on their web page.

So as you can see, a no-win situation. If anyone can help I would be very grateful.

Thanks.

Reply 1 of 2, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by Blob106 Just bought Abomination on the Sold-Out label...

There's the first indicator of a problem. Sold-Out's track record isn't very good on their re-releases.

1. If I try to do a full install it conks out at about 83% saying "An error occured in the move data process". Therefore I have to install it on the medium install.

That sounds like a physical fault with the CD. You might consider contacting Sold-Out or the store you bought it from about a replacement.

2. On the medium install when I try to run it, it says "Unable ro Locate the Abomination CD ROM" when it is in the drive. Same still happens when I install the 2.70 patch. Sold-Out doesn't mention this on their web page.

In all fairness, they only advertise it for Windows 95/98 and their tech support specifically states:

Additionally, Abomination is not supported using Windows NT, Windows 2000, compressed hard drives, or Windows emulators. Although the game might run, its performance and stability will be questionable.

I think you should have the CD checked first. The "No CD" message may be an issue with copy-protection. About the only way to check that would to be to try a no-cd hack/patch.

I presume you already tried the appropriate compatibility settings?

Reply 2 of 2, by Blob106

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Nicht Sehr Gut wrote:

I presume you already tried the appropriate compatibility settings?

Yeah but to no avail. Tried gettin a no-cd patch, but just doesnt want to know.

Probably is the CD actually. I just tried it on another comp & did the same thing.

Thanks very much for your help!!