First post, by JamesJoey123

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm mounting c in the dosbox.conf by using:
mount c c:\lsl
c:
cls
It doens't work when I pin dosbox.exe to Vista's start menu and run it. Dosbox opens but it doesn't run appear to run the [AutoExec] section. When I run it from Explorer or from a desktop icon it runs fine.
Anuone else have this problem??

Any help will be appreciated,
James

Reply 1 of 14, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Hint: If DOSBox does not use your dosbox.conf file, perhaps it is because it does not know where it is?

DOSBox 60 seconds guide | How to ask questions

Reply 3 of 14, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

And? Have you looked "inside" that desktop shortcut? (right-click, Properties...)
What do you see?

Reply 5 of 14, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

And that path is?
Anything different about the Start-In folder?

Reply 7 of 14, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

Mine, a default install, is a bit different:

C:\Program\DOSBox-0.72\dosbox.exe -conf "C:\Program\DOSBox-0.72\dosbox.conf"

Reply 9 of 14, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank

You say tomato, I say tomato - that is not the issue. But I have a -conf option that specifies which config file to use. What do you have?

Reply 11 of 14, by MiniMax

User metadata
Rank Moderator
Rank
MiniMax wrote:

And? Have you looked "inside" that desktop shortcut? (right-click, Properties...)
What do you see?

Reply 12 of 14, by JamesJoey123

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

After doing some playing around I found something out.
When I tell Explorer to pin dosbox.exe to the Start Menu and run it it doesn't run the config file. I see a message behind the dosbox's main window saying dosbox is using the fefault settings and instructing me to create a config file. BUT, when I create a shortcut of dosbox.exe from Explorer and pin that to the Start menu it reads and runs the config file fine. I dont' know why.

James

Reply 13 of 14, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

If you put dosbox.exe in the Start Menu then dosbox.exe is now in a seperate location from your dosbox.conf.
If you put a shortcut in the Start Menu then you are pointing to the directory where dosbox.exe and dosbox.conf are located.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline