VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by poter

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello

I've just gone through the guid to installing windows 3.11 in DOSBox and everything seemed to work fine. Windows, sound, video. That is until I tried running some DOS games through win3.1.

They seem to work fine except in the lower right side of the screen there is a large black block that obscures the screen. In 2D games like Xargon and War Craft 2 it is solid but in 3D games like Realms of the Haunting and Duke Nukem 3D it flickers very rapidly. Everything else seems to work fine though.

I'm running DOSBox 0.72.
I used all the drivers in the Windows 3.1x on Dosbox guide exept the WinG and win32 ones.
viewtopic.p...sbox+guide

I'm using the s3 video drivers on 800x600 256 colors LF
I've tryd different versions of the drivers but they all seem to do the same thing.

I'm running an Intel Pentium 3.20GHz
With 3GBs of RAM
A Nvidia GeForce 8500 GT
Windows XP operating system

Reply 1 of 5, by valnar

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
poter wrote:

I've just gone through the guid to installing windows 3.11 in DOSBox and everything seemed to work fine. Windows, sound, video. That is until I tried running some DOS games through win3.1.

Why would you want to do this? It's not going to work right. Just run the games from DOSBox outside of Windows 3.1.

Reply 2 of 5, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Mabye we should reintroduce the bug that caused command prompt in Windows 3.1 to not work properly in fullscreen.

Last edited by DosFreak on 2008-10-21, 20:21. Edited 1 time in total.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 3 of 5, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

maybe I should update the guide with this information...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper