VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by michel_effeich

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I need help on Sensible Soccer 98.. I cant make it run on windows XP... The game seems to need windows as it refuses to run also on dosbox so it seems that the problem is in XP.. tried to use the usual options of XP to emulate w95 or w98 but to no avail

Can somebody help me?

Thanks in advance.

Reply 1 of 5, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Just because it doesn't run in DOSBox doesn't mean it isn't a DOS game! DOSBox only supports REAL MODE 386 and 486 games (mostly games before 1993). While it is entirely possible it is a Windows game, I highly doubt it.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 2 of 5, by michel_effeich

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi.. Thanks for your reply.... the game however gives a message : "cannot be run in DOS mode"..while in dosbox... Im not sure whether its a dos game or a windows game but the files are long file names and it seems from the name that it was out in 98? i.e. windows era. so if that is the case, what's to be done?

Reply 3 of 5, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Originally posted by michel_effeich Im not sure whether its a dos game or a windows game but the files are long file names

It is a Windows game. The demo ran fine for me in XP. I know that it needs to be patched and also the copy-protection is apparently incompatible with XP. A google search should retrieve a no-cd hack.

BTW, is it the special "ripped" version?

Reply 4 of 5, by michel_effeich

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Its a ripped version i guess. I downloaded it from the udnerdogs site (50MB). I tried to register on the forum there to ask the users there, maybe someone witnessed the same problem but my registration request is not finalized yet. so I am finally and after years and years of waiting to get it, I have a copy of sensible soccer 98 and cant play it!

Reply 5 of 5, by Kalimist

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

For the Underdogs version (ripped one):

I had the same problem, but I know the solution.
1. Create Sensisetup.exe shortcut on Your desktop.
2. There is Compatibility page under properties of shortcut. Set Windows 98 as Compatibility mode.
3. Apply and run shortcut It will insert all of the needed registry keys.

It works for me 😁