VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Sune Salminen

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Does anybody know if there's a way to run Typing of the Dead at 800x600?

I've been searching but I can't find anything.

Or, as a last resort, if there's a way to run it in a window..which would suck..but it's better than nothing.

Back story if anyone cares;

I'm setting up a sofa-retro-gaming PC with my old Geforce 2 Ti card for a friend, it'll be using his TV as the main display. I'm using TVTool (bought and registered long time ago, awesome utility) to get the image to fill the screen (the card uses a Chrontel 7007 encoder and the image doesn't fill the screen at any resolution if I don't use TVTool).

I've installed some emulators and lots of old games on it, Crazy Taxi, Carmageddon II (in glide mode via DGVoodoo to get 800x600), Outlaw Golf, Dethkarz, Quake II and so on, it looks pretty sweet at 800x600 - except for Typing of the Dead.
The actual problem is that if anything goes full screen at 640x480 the colors are off, everything becomes blue-ish. Like the zombies in TOTD don't look sick enough already.
I think it's a Nvidia Driver or DirectX bug - because manually switching to 640x480 in NTSC mode from within TVTool itself works fine.
The PC is running the last Forceware version that works with the Geforce2 Ti and the latest DirectX November 2008 release.

Of course he doesn't HAVE to have TOTD on this machine but it feels kind of incomplete without it.. 🤣