VOGONS

Common searches

Turok 2 in XP/Vista with Wrappers not working

Topic actions

Reply 40 of 64, by danielc

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Eh doesn't seem to make a difference, probably because it's already "rasterized" by the time it reaches the D3D9 part or something. I've encountered this with all Glide wrappers, might be a nVidia 19X.xx driver "feature" or a Win7 x64 issue. Will try and figure it out though cheers 😀

Regards,
CosmicDan

Reply 41 of 64, by JimmyGlace

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Wont work for me 🙁

Windows 7 gives me this message

THIS FILE HAS BEEN TAMPERED WITH AND MAY BE INFECTED BY A VIRUS

Any solutions?

Attachments

• error.png
    Filename
    error.png
    File size
    25.03 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 45 of 64, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Got your drivers updated along with nGlide? Someone here also made a patch for the .exe to run better. I guess you can find it here in the forums somewhere.

Reply 46 of 64, by caleb451

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry for necro'ing this thread (if I need to create a new one I will) but I'm having the same problem the two newbies up there had, Turok 2 just flat-out refuses to run on Win 7/64.
I've got a mid-2009 Macbook Pro with the GeForce 9400M that I use Bootcamp with. I tried that russian patch but to no avail, it claims my .exe has been tampered with (which of course it has but w/e) Strangely enough the Multiplayer standalone works just fine, even connects to gamespy, but the single-player is a no go.

suggestions? I've got that nGlide wrapper already installed, and this is really one of the few games from this era that I've had trouble with. System Shock 2 worked fine with a little tweaking in the compatibility mode, and I hoped that was all this needed, but no luck so far.

Reply 47 of 64, by Bladeforce

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Funnily enough I ahve just installed this tonight on windows 7 x64 with nglide wrapper and it runs straight out of the box. Maybe it's a problem with bootcamp but it runs hunky dorey here

Windows 7 x64 Geforce 550GTi latest drivers

Reply 51 of 64, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I managed to get Nvidia with monthly pestering to fix up the issues in older games in the past (I kept sending their help address links to download Sports Car GT and another game demo to see if they get same issue), however more recently their drivers break many many old games. For my old 7800GS+ card I keep on hand a copy of Nvidia driver 163.something (maybe 57) which work with older games, but not newer ones.

It is really frustrating, when I get a new Win8 PC I'll be collating a big report of what doesn't work to send to them again... but that might be a little way off yet!

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 52 of 64, by caleb451

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Amazingly, I was able to find a patched version all neat and tidy in a rar file that actually works with 7. I'm not sure if it still needs the CD or not, but I'm leaning towards not.
I guess I never picked up on this when I had it for N64, but either the environments are supposed to be huge, or Turok is about 2 ft tall. weird either way.

Reply 56 of 64, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

To enable glide support for US singleplayer version of Turok2: Seeds of Evil:
a) Install MS Application Compatibility Toolkit.
b) Open system application database in Compatibility Administrator and disable the Turok 2 entry.
c) Create the new entry for turok2.exe with AddWritePermissionstoDeviceFiles ACT fix (w/o this entry the securom protection will not work in Xp). Install this database.
The result - now the singleplayer version can choose glide as the renderer (without tweaks glide is disabled by DisableLoadLibrary ACT fix in the system ACT datanase).
EU version is working from the box because .exe name is different (turok2english.exe).

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Reply 59 of 64, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Davros wrote:

would just renaming the u.s exe to turok2english.exe work?

For original version - no, the .exe can't pass securom check in Xp. You really need AddWritePermissiontoDeviceFiles for this.
OEM versions, w/o protection - yes.