VOGONS

Common searches

Turok 2 in XP/Vista with Wrappers not working

Topic actions

Reply 61 of 64, by lukeman3000

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So, I have Turok 2 and Win 7 and the game runs, but I notice that the sound effects cut out after awhile. Is there any fix for this?

If not, would it help if I ran it in Windows 98? Windows XP?

Reply 64 of 64, by CLBrown

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

To anyone who find this (old) thread... there's hope, even if you haven't been able to make things work out on your own.

"Night Dive Studios" recently released Turok (1) for PC in an updated form. They actually rewrote portions of the game code, and modified other portions. The game is now available on Steam, Good Old Games, and possibly elsewhere (I bought it on GoG).

They're CURRENTLY working on a new updated version of Turok 2 for PC. They are not merely trying compatibility modes, or minor tweaks, but are altering the game's code in signficant ways. This will allow Turok 2 to run on XP, Vista, Win7, Win8, or WinX, as they say.

I'm on the "waiting list" for this now... as I haven't been able to get Turok 1 OR Turok 2 to work for many years, and now can play the first game without any issues at all! As soon as they release it, it'll be on GoG and Steam... and possibly elsewhere... and should work just fine. I'm guessing another three months or so.

(FYI, they've also released an "enhanced" version of the original System Shock... but are also working on a total REMAKE of the original System Shock. The "enhanced" version is much easier to play, but when you see the screen grabs of the "remake" compared to the original, you may freak out a little bit.)