VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Urizen123

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Evening all,

I've heard that a performance increase is possible when running European Air War by using a glide wrapper - unfortunately, I can't find one that works on my configuration.

When I start a mission, I get graphical corruption:

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/5667/46449255.jpg

I've tried both DgVoodoo and Zeckensack's glide wrapper with Red Baron 3D, and they both work perfectly.

My specs:

Windows 7
DualCore Intel Pentium D 805, 2666 MHz (20 x 133)
3072 MB (DDR2-533 DDR2 SDRAM)
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX (768 MB)
Realtek ALC880(D) @ ATI SB450 - High Definition Audio Controller

Thanks guys!

Reply 2 of 6, by Urizen123

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hmm, EAW doesn't even detect the presence of Zeckensack's glide wrapper on my machine - the "Glide" option is greyed out in the menu. (As far as I can tell, EAW seems to need glide2x.dll in the program folder for the Glide option to become available.)

The option is available when I use DgVoodoo, but I just get a black screen I start a mission. (I also tried limited tex mem to 2MB in the DgVoodoo setup)

Reply 3 of 6, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

give me your email addy and i'll send you a file that should let you play in d3d mode

edit:

ps: make sure you have the MicroProse v.1.2 patch
the the European Air War version 1.28 (unofficial) (with this you shouldnt need my file) but you will need to edit eaw.ini file, change the value for PlayIntro from 1 to 0

Reply 4 of 6, by Urizen123

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks Dav, but I don't have any problems running the game in D3D mode.

My main incentive for using a glide wrapper is that I've been experiencing some performance issues with the game in D3D mode, and I was told running the game in glide mode with a wrapper can provide a substantial performance increase.