VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by ATF

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey, this is my first post,I saw a few threads about Phantasmagoria 2 here after googling around and people seemed to have gotten it to work. , so I decided to post here. I've tried pretty much every patch online, the one from squirtthecat, the win95 to xp version, and the p2xp patch. The squirtthecat one sucessfully installed, but whenever I try to run it, I get a black screen, there is a cursor that I can move around, but the game eventually gives me "SIERRAW.exe has encountered a problem" error. By clicking "more information" it says dukdll95.dll has something to do with it, and that made me think it was a problem with it not finding the movies on the CD. I tried to just copy paste the dll directly from the CD, and that didn't work either. I've tried running in all compatibility modes available, but to no avail. I've checked in RESOURCE.WIN to make sure it's pointing to my CD/DVD drive, and it is. essentially I've tried everything.

If anyone has a solution to this problem, please help me out! :) Thanks

Reply 2 of 4, by ATF

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The problem is, I have the win95 only version, no install.bat on the CD 😒

But that did give me an idea, to try the XP version of the windows 95 to dos patch using VDMSound, because the patch hadn't worked before.

EDIT: Major update, I finally got it to install properly using the 95 to dos ver patch.

Unfortunately, when I launched up dosbox, mounted the CD, then ran SIERRA, I saw the cursor for a few seconds, I couldn't move it, then the cursor went away. I'm so close to actually getting to play Phantasmagoria 2, what do I do?

Reply 3 of 4, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Have you asked on jafa's board?

http://www.squirtthecat.com/forum/index.php

I'm sure that he would like to know what didn't work with his installer.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers