VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 20 of 27, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

I know what a GUI is, but I don't know what a MOE is, I will be interested to see what gui changes kipposoep is creating, I'm guessing they will be text entered from within the dosbox prompt?

If you know what a GUI is how come you think it is text entered within the dosbox prompt? (btw. Moe is a name of an user on this board)

If you had spent all this time you spent on this thread (almost two months) on familiarizing yourself with Dosbox' documentation and the helpful comments in the conf file you wouldn't have any problems anymore.
And then even more it would help if you could write in simple sentences what you want instead of jumping from things to things with half finished sentences. For example, sentences like

I have noticed that some websites are now offering premade packages with dosbox configured within a game folder so that the user only has to press a one push extension named play to run games that I can't even run by clicking and dragging or mounting with type, and this could become more and more common to the point that the majority of people who are new to dosbox may not ever find out what it is, or what it does, and will not become familiar with dos or have any need to, I know that many of you like people to learn about dos as they use dosbox and the easier the program is to run, the more people will become familiar with it.

are impossible and senseless...

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 21 of 27, by Patrick benatar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Graphic User interface.

My point is that other than a drop down menu, or a button to click, I don't yet understand what form the interface he is working on will be.

That sentence is not impossible, it is sitting right there before your eyes....see?

It is not misspelled, it flows and it makes sense.

you equally could have used the time it took to make that post to address things I raised, or questions I asked.

Like the last one, If you wanted to.

here I'll break it down and see how you go with it:

1. I have noticed that some websites are now offering premade packages with dosbox configured within a game folder so that the user only has to press a one push extension named play to run.

2. Some of these games I can't even run by clicking and dragging or mounting with type.

3. This could become more and more common to the point that the majority of people who are new to dosbox may not ever find out what it is, or what it does, and will not become familiar with dos or have any need to.

4. I know that many of you like people to learn about dos as they use dosbox and the easier the program is to run, the more people will become familiar with it.

You forgot to attack WD for his grammerical asserations while you where at it or maybe they were typos,

"use his forum if you got questions" & "just wait if he'll pop up again" are not any form of ebglish but I guess you would rather have fun with me...

Yeah I do have more studying to do within the dosbox instructions but at the moment I am moving on to the next game if I can't run one and leaving it for later.

I have managed to get many of them working so far without asking for guidance and I have learned alot.

1. Write open-source software
2. Help test and debug open-source software
3. Publish useful information
4. Help keep the infrastructure working
5. Serve the hacker culture itself

Reply 22 of 27, by Patrick benatar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have read the dosbox conf and read mes it is not rocket science, but it is not incredibly easy either, I recently experimented with mounting isos and used the keymapper, and I am going to try and learn dbgl and dfend soon etc etc. I needed a webpage with screenshots to help me when I was learning how to mount drives and folders and files for the first time, & I always love it when I can get something to work.

Reply 23 of 27, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I was preparing a long comment for this thread, but i don't think it's worth the time. This thread should be closed IMO, as it's a) in the wrong forum and b) completely pointless and won't lead to any kind of solution. Other than raising postcounts i can see no benefit in this thread.

Patrick benatar, this may be shocking news to you, but the world is not perfect. By extension this means DOSBox is not perfect, too. Learn to live with it, or stop using it. Thank you very much.

Reply 24 of 27, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Even thugh I agree with Addict, I HAVE to answer... 😀

My point is that other than a drop down menu, or a button to click, I don't yet understand what form the interface he is working on will be.

MY point is that if you know what gui means, I don't understand how you can think it will be text entered on the Dosbox prompt...

That sentence is not impossible, it is sitting right there before your eyes....see?
It is not misspelled, it flows and it makes sense.

I didn't complain about spelling. But no, it makes no sense as one sentence. The way it is it's not a sentence but just a rant and rants don't get read. KISS

You forgot to attack WD for his grammerical asserations while you where at it or maybe they were typos

First, I'm not stupid enough to attack moderators about spelling and grammar. Second, I don't attack people for spelling and grammar. I'm not a native "ebglish" speaker myself and far from perfect. I "attacked" your way of writing which is more ranting than anything else.

By the way, there is an "edit" button on your own posts which you could use to avoid double posts...

Reply 26 of 27, by Patrick benatar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

WoW! this was a pretty fun thread in it's time, viewing it again is like taking a stroll down memory lane, and just the other day I was sitting down sinking a few bottles of cass (korean beer) with my brotha Ykhwong and listening to his war stories from his sevice in the korean army when I got to mentioning this thread.

Well! he whipped out his palm pilot and read the whole thread right then and there and was so inspired by it that he sat down at his laptop and belted out a brand new CVS build for dosbox 0.73 on the spot!

Only took him 17 minutes from start to finish and I gotta say I was completely blown away! I thought I owed it to him to post the link to it here - CVS build for dosbox 0.73 - http://ykhwong.x-y.net/cvs/frame.html

P.S I did ask him about a build for dosbox 0.74, but he said he would see how this thread progresses in this turbulent new decade before he did anything rash, then he proceeded to down 6 or 7 sojus (korean spirits) and pass out in a pool of his own vomit muttering something about guis, so I wasn't really sure if I should take him seriously or not, after all he's a pretty wacky guy, so if anybody winds up reading this here thread and wants a 0.73 dosbox CVS build for windows or even linux check the linkage! Tell em Ykhwong sent ya!