VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by TheArkive

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just wondering if anyone has managed to get this game working perfect in XP... I can install it, and it is actually playable, but when I move the mouse, the cursor jerks around real bad. Similarly, when I am in game play and I move the mouse cursor to the edge of the screen to pan around the map, then the entire map jerks around.

Like I said, it's playable, I'm just hoping there's a way to fix that wobbling. Last thing I need is a headache 😵

Here's my specs:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+ (FSB 200 Mhz) KN8 SLI (NF-CK804) .... nForce4 chipset 2048MB DDR Dual Channel (PC3200 - 400 MHz […]
Show full quote

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+ (FSB 200 Mhz)
KN8 SLI (NF-CK804) .... nForce4 chipset
2048MB DDR Dual Channel (PC3200 - 400 MHz Max)
Plextor DVDR PX-750A
nVidia GeForce 9800 GTX+ (overclocked)
Realtek AC'97
Logitech MX5500 Desktop (bluetooth keyboard and mouse)
SetPoint v4.72 Driver (for MX5500)
Windows XP Pro SP3

I downloaded this game from mechcommander.org when I heard the source was released (just recently, yah I'm behind the times!) I'm pretty sure its safe to assume the image is intact.

I tried messing with prefs.cfg. I changed this:

DirectDraw=TRUE

to this:

DIrectDraw=FALSE

This basically launched the game in a window instead of full screen. I could ALT+Enter in and out of full screen fine. While in windowed mode, the game actually ran perfect, except that panning around the battle field was at the speed of light. And in full screen it still wobbled.

I tried changing other settings but the effects weren't noticeable. I tried compatibility mode with Win98 and Win95. Win95 seem to get the closest, but nowhere near enough to say "there's no wobble". I wondered if the Logitech software was to blame, so I tried shutting down the software (SetPoint v4.72). No effect.

I did apply the v1.8 patch too, but it had no effect.

Any other ideas guys?

Last edited by TheArkive on 2009-06-27, 18:13. Edited 2 times in total.

nX5T4cc88914bdedb.png

Reply 1 of 1, by TheArkive

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Found the answer on mechcommander.org

Set the following:

VSYNC = Forced Off

NOTE: Using the application settings in this case won't work, it MUST be forced off.

NOTE2: This is NOT a game setting. It's a video card setting.

nX5T4cc88914bdedb.png