VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by daxia

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I run a Dell m1710 with vista home. I don't think the exact specs of my system will make any difference, but if I'm wrong just tell me and I will post them here.

Anyways, here's my problem:
I used to love playing a game called "Imperium Galactica 2", but it was like 7 years ago on another computer with windows 98.
The reason I loved playing the game was the music, which is really great. A few days ago I dreamt about the music and I just had to listen to it again. I have tried to find the soundtrack online, but all I found was other people unsuccesfully requesting it on various forums. The cds I used to play the game before are in bad condition and my computer is not able to read the information on them, but luckily I found a working torrent with a few seeders, the speed was terrible though. Now I have finally finished downloading the cds needed to install the game. I used Daemon tools to mount them, only to find that the game wont install 🙁
I have been executing the setup file in various compatibility modes and as administrator, but with no luck. The setup file runs, but the installation screen does not pop up, but I can see "setup.exe" running when I ctrl+alt+del and check running processes. I also tried running the setup file with dos box, but since it's a windows game it wont run in dos mode.

All I really want is the music so I tried scanning through all the CDs , but all I could find was in game sound files and animation files.

So, my question is: Can anyone here help me either 1. Find the soundtrack of this game or 2. Install the game on Vista?
Thanks a million!!

Reply 1 of 1, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Prepare to catch heck for mentioning illegal downloading.

Wikipedia suggests you should look for an unofficial patch.

If all else fails, my standard procedure for debugging problems like this is to download Filemon (or Procmon) from sysinternals.com and try to figure out what the program is trying to do (and why it can't do it). But look for the patch first.