VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Patrick benatar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Im trying to run the crow city of angels on vista 32, and i'm not seeing much on google, searching this site gets no hits either, anyone know if it will run? and how?

P.S dosfreak, I read something about you compiling a massive list of all the games you could and could not run on vista, is it finished and whether or not it is can i get a pdf or mht of it or something?
It sounds very useful in the intense minefield of running games on windows, and god forbid I should ask any obvious questions about solutions that are available through google and offend anyone's delicate sensibilities about asking stupid questions and breaching vogon etiquette...

Reply 4 of 9, by Patrick benatar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

C. O. M. P. A. T. I. B. I. L. I. T. Y.... It's AwWwRight!!!

Thanks for the link!

Does anyone have any comments on running "the crow" on vista 32?
Is it like Shadowman or Manhunt and completely incompatible?
Anyone gotten it running?
Hellooooo?
It's cold and lonely on this thread and people have attacked my comedy...

Reply 5 of 9, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Never even heard of that game, and Mobygames and GameFAQs barely have any info on it so it must not have been very popular. Apparently it's based on the engine used for another game named "Perfect Weapon" which also has barely any info (other than that it sucked).

Reply 6 of 9, by Patrick benatar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yeah, it's actual title is "The Crow: City of Angels" and I was able to play the videos from the game seperately, and they do look fairly cliched as does the writing and acting in many games, (and the movie sequel which was it's namesake), but I am still trying to see for certain without having to run virtual PC or rigging up a computer with win95 or 98, sometimes even in a bad game there may be great artwork or music or level designing, physics, weapon design etc, which can justify trying to run it for me.

Reply 7 of 9, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'm starting to think that I should set up a Linux box with Wine to play Windows 9x games, because a lot of them aren't faring too well under Vista/Win7.

Reply 9 of 9, by Patrick benatar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

That sounds complicated, if it was that simple more people would probably do it, I might have to look into that and see by how far away exactly I am from being able to do that, I'll bet just reading the documentation is an absolute joy. I did read recently about running windows from a flash drive, I wonder if 95 or 98 could run on vista/7 in this way?