VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by abyss

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've managed to install the game but when I try to run it, I get no Direct X error even though I have that and if I try compatibility mode, nothing happens and the game doesn't show up but if I open the game again, I get game is already running. I still have not been able to run the game, does anyone have any advice? I'm using Windows XP.

Reply 1 of 4, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The Small Rockets games (Jetboat 1&2, Hot Chix, Superchix76 and Kayak Extreme) mostly DON'T work on XP. Sometimes on some PCs they will (Jetboat2, an old version of Superchix76 and Kayak work on mine for example, the others just run as a process you have to end task withough showing anything.

Small Rockets actually offer all the games as free downloads now, as the Russian company who worked on them no longer deal with Small Rockets so they won't be fixed.

You can get the games free here: http://www.smallrockets.com/general/free.htm

Also see my post about the games here: http://www.smallrockets.com/forums/viewtopic. … hp?f=10&t=14798

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 2 of 4, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Oh and just to add, Small Rockets said that the games might work better on Vista and beyond than XP! Though I haven't tried them in Vista or Windows 7 yet.

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 3 of 4, by abyss

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I was using old Fiendish versions of Super Chix, Hot Chix and Jet Boat and they didn't work even with compatibility mode. I will try them on another computer and see if they work. Thanks for the freeware copies.

Edit:I got Super Chix working on the other computer but Hot Chix and Jet Boat are still not going.

Reply 4 of 4, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yeah as I said, I can get newest versions of Jet Boat Superchamps 2, Kayak Extreme and an old Fiendish version of Super Chix to work, but not Jet Boat Superchamps 1 or Hot Chix, despite trying several older versions.