VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by RanCorX2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

does anyone know how to get this game working on win7 x64? The installer doesn't work because it's 16bit? and i tried copying the contents of the cd to a folder and running it that way but just get a black screen with music.

Reply 1 of 16, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I have the demo and I've only ever gotten it to work on Windows 98SE.

Supposedly it supports Glide so you may want to try the following Glide Wrappers:

DGVoodoo
ZeckenSack
Nglide
OpenGlide

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 5 of 16, by Wulf

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've found a LOT of my games do that, close that instance (right click on it minimised), then set Compatibility mode to disable desktop themes & colours (can't remember exactly what the settings are called, they're together on the list). It should work thereafter. Mine does.

Reply 6 of 16, by RanCorX2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok, I managed to get past the title screen but then I get a black screen instead of the menu, the music is playing though. I tried 95, 98 & xp modes and disabled themes, aero etc but nothing makes it load past the intro.

Reply 9 of 16, by Wulf

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Mine works technically (ie, there's no problem with the program), but in the game my x-wing keeps disappearing into the distance! I don't remember that being part of the game, I'll have to find the manual...

EDIT: Apparently you hit F1 to fix my distance problem

Reply 10 of 16, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
RanCorX2 wrote:

I suppose getting it to work on dosbox + win98 is out of the question?

Very out of the question, though VirtualBox + Windows 2000 + zeckensack's glide wrapper would be more in the question

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 11 of 16, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Wulf wrote:

Mine works technically (ie, there's no problem with the program), but in the game my x-wing keeps disappearing into the distance! I don't remember that being part of the game, I'll have to find the manual...

EDIT: Apparently you hit F1 to fix my distance problem

DosFreak hits F1 for Wulf.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 13 of 16, by RanCorX2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I failed in my xp on usb stick adventure too. I formatted it correctly, setup copied all the files, but upon rebooting for the continuation of setup it bsods on the xp boot screen STOP: 0x0000007B...grrr I'll now give the vbox+2k+glide wrapper a go.

Reply 14 of 16, by RanCorX2

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

aahhhh gay, rogue squadron on win2k won't let me pick a video card, it keeps complaining that directx isn't installed but it is!! I give up....hopefully the rumored rs trilogy pack for the wii comes out...rumored to include the original game.