VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Zaxxon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

hi all i' mtrying to run carmageddon splat pack,the splat95 win 95 executable and everytime it starts it says "unable to setup direct draw please check that direct c is installed"i have directx 9 so obivously thats not the problem.any help?

Reply 2 of 29, by Zaxxon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

started dxdiag but thre's not"test" button anywhere.looks like a "crippled" version of directx it doesnt even let me choose to disable direct draw or not,it just says they're enabled and thats itwhat fdo i do

i've included a screenshot of the dxdiag window i'm talking about

Attachments

• Filename
    Graphic1.jpeg
    File size
    4.93 MiB
    Downloads
    4858 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 4 of 29, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I hate CDR (Corel Draw format) because I don't know any free viewer that works. Here is what I could do with it. Not the best quality.

Attachments

• Filename
    Screenshot2.png
    File size
    84.64 KiB
    Downloads
    435 downloads
    File license

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 5 of 29, by Zaxxon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

learn how to wait people to know how take it in windows 7 since the old prtscreen key is not working in windows 7 ,maybe?

here it is anyway

Attachments

• Filename
    Capture.JPG
    File size
    67.42 KiB
    Downloads
    457 downloads
    File license

Reply 6 of 29, by eL_PuSHeR

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Heh heh. Let's keep beating you...

I recommend using a lossless compression format next time. JPEG lossy compression is only suitable for photographic images. Images with text or with defined contrast areas will tend to be blurrier and the image will weight more than otherwise.

Intel i7 5960X
Gigabye GA-X99-Gaming 5
8 GB DDR4 (2100)
8 GB GeForce GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (Gigabyte)

Reply 9 of 29, by Zaxxon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

hmm problem is that the version i have of splat pack has a glidewrapper or something lie kthat already set on glide 3dfx,dgvoodooproblem is that the win 95 is the only executable to make it run with the glide drivers,and of coruse the only one that gives me that stupid directdraw error,or maybe its me that i dont know how tou se ithis dgvodoo thingy,is already all set u ready to play set on directx 7 glide etc,yet it stil lcomplains about direct draw

Reply 10 of 29, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Zaxxon wrote:

the win 95 is the only executable to make it run with the glide drivers

the win95 executable (carm95.exe) doesnt work with glide drivers you need to run the glide executable (Carmav.exe)

Reply 13 of 29, by Zaxxon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

ok i foud this thread
Carmageddon 3dfx under Windows 7/Vista?

but maybe its me or i can't get it to work in 3dfx mode.i coied glide2.dll from the dgvodoo dir into the glide dosbox,then started dgvodoo setup.exe then started dosbox..still normal mode,no 3dfx,any help?

Reply 15 of 29, by Davros

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Heres a thought
you can install dos onto a flash drive ( http://www.bootdisk.com/pendrive.htm )
also install carmageddon onto it and run the dos version of it

ps: i think you also need glidos to run any dos games with a wrapper
http://www.glidos.net/carma.html?lang=en

Reply 16 of 29, by ADDiCT

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
filipetolhuizen wrote:

Running glide wrappers in dosbox is tricky, I still haven't figured out how it works.

Huh? No it isn't. Install Gulikoza's build, edit dosbox.conf, install the game (+ Voodoo patch if necessary), config+start the game. What's tricky about that?

Some games are problematic though. Tomb Raider for instance works very well, just finished it some days ago. Archimedean Dynasty (aka Schleichfahrt) on the other hand won't work at all in GLIDE mode.

On topic: according to MobyGames, Carmageddon and the Splat Pack are DOS games. I didn't read all posts in this thread but I suspect the error message is thrown by the installer. Solution: install the game with the DOS installer (should be in the disc), or if there is no DOS installer use a VM to install the game.

Oh, and btw, Mr. Zaxxon: please calm down and take a few minutes before hitting that "post" button. I can understand your arousal but be calm. Review your text and correct the horrible spelling and (mostly non-existant) punctuation, and then post it. This might help us because we'll be able to actually understand what you're writing.

In one of your harder to understand posts you're writing something about you having a version of the game with dgVoodoo already included/configured. I can't believe that the game has been officially distributed with this setup.

Last edited by ADDiCT on 2010-05-26, 22:29. Edited 3 times in total.

Reply 18 of 29, by Zaxxon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

its tricky as "it doesn't work" ,and i've followed the instructions point by point.managed to make it work in glidos,but tehre's the annoying spinning logo but that's another point anyway,my gripe was to make it run under windows with glide accelaration.
hope that grammar nazi is happy now