VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 40 of 57, by NViousGK

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

All of this sounds great. I have an old game that noone's ever, ever heard of and was wondering if anytone has gotten it to work with anything higher than Windows 98 using the standard VGA driver? The game is "Ripper" I know, great game. But I haven't been able to play it for years until I was given an old Windows 98 computer with only VGA graphics onboard. I would love to pay this on my Win 7 machine.

Nudists have nothing to hide!

Reply 44 of 57, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Malwarebytes IDs that as a threat, too. I am perfectly willing to assume that this is a false positive, but Google will not.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 46 of 57, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have had Google tag my site for a link to another site that had something they did not like.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers

Reply 48 of 57, by Joey_sw

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

i wonder what kind of AV that google use to decide that mudlord's patch is 'evil'?
i tried to submit it to virus-total in here the result: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/5e0ebbb264 … sis/1455257943/

-fffuuu

Reply 52 of 57, by mudlord

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Note:
The reason I removed the patch from my website is because Google flags the executable. The reason it did this is super stupid: because I used Pelles C at the time to compile the patch, Google didn't like it and blacklisted my entire site. Recompiling with MSVC might fix it but since aqrit's patch is better, not worth the effort. Plus there is Dege's emulators to look forward to, so there's little point maintaining it.

Reply 54 of 57, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
mudlord wrote:

Note:
The reason I removed the patch from my website is because Google flags the executable. The reason it did this is super stupid: because I used Pelles C at the time to compile the patch, Google didn't like it and blacklisted my entire site. Recompiling with MSVC might fix it but since aqrit's patch is better, not worth the effort. Plus there is Dege's emulators to look forward to, so there's little point maintaining it.

I may still see what I can do regarding this false positive and Google's Safe Browsing, false positives annoy me.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 55 of 57, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Stiletto wrote:

I may still see what I can do regarding this false positive and Google's Safe Browsing, false positives annoy me.

Me too. I have had to deal with this given the large number of executables that I host on SHP. Some, like Norton will tag anything compiled with NSIS if the installers are not signed. They just ID the stub files that are in all NSIS installers because some malware writers have used NSIS to package their crap.

It is silly given that you can do nearly as much damage with Inno Setup as NSIS, but those installers do not get as many false positives.