VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by DannyGrant

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey guys,

This is my first post. I'll try to keep it simple. I have 4 old computers(Pentium 2, 3, and 4) running XP on a LAN right now. I'm trying to get the little known "MGM Wargames" for 95/98 working.

By doing the usual compatability fixes I have achieved in getting almost everything to work. Sound works, single player campaign works, and even seting up a multiplayer game through TCP/IP or IPX works. All the computers can connect to each other flawlessly. However as soon as I start the game from there EVERY PC crashes to desktop and I have the option to notify microsoft about the problem, which I naturally decline.

This game is so unknown that if you google it mostly you learn about the movie, not the game. I cant find any patches for this game, and if I remember correctly there used to be some. I also know that it is possible for it to work because I did it back in highschool 8 years ago.

I'm trying to pinpoint what the problem is but I have reached the end of my technical knowledge. I dont know how to read the error report file so I dont know where to start. Since I can play the single player campaign I dont think that its a video issue. After all, why would it crash in multi but not single player? This made me think the problem was the multiplayer protocol so I installed IPX but it still crashes.

I have no idea where to go. I've tryed messing around in dxdiag but no luck there. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!