VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Josh1289op

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey guys,

I have used this forum for some time now with my Dosbox, win 3.1, and all my games. I've never had to register because all of my questions have been already answered. Except now.

I am running dosbox 0.74 with WIN3.1

I have installed SIMFARM and am now getting an error after I've opened the game

APPLICATION ERROR
INTEGER DIVIDED BY 0

I've googled this issue and cannot come up with a solution, I'd really appreciate the help.
Thanks!!
Josh

Reply 1 of 3, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Wrong forum, anything to do with Dosbox should be posted to the Dosbox forum. (I'm sure a mod will take care of this)

The error is generated by the game, not by Dosbox, so no real way to say what the problem is. Make sure you find any patches that might exist for this game.
Mobygames lists this a Dos and Windows 3.x game, just maybe it works way better in Dos.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 3 of 3, by Leshana

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

For anyone else who finds this ( http://xkcd.com/979/ ):

I had the same problem; after some experimentation I was able to work around it. In my case resolution did not seem to be related, but color depth was. I was able to get it to start with 1024x768 256 colors (windows 3.1 on dosbox 0.74 with S3 video driver installed) Any higher color depth caused the crash regardless of resolution.