VOGONS

Common searches

Motorhead

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 20 of 64, by dosmax

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

For everyone who is experiencing the crash described in the first post of this thread:

I made a .sdb patch that applies the required Application Compatibilitiy Toolkit adjustments without the need for the ACT to be installed.

- DWM is disabled
- DirectDraw Emulation is forced

Simply unpack the attached ZIP and run motorhead_compatibility.bat

You might still want to set the game to Win98 compatibility mode, but for me it runs fine without that (on Win7/32).

Attachments

• Filename
    motorhead_sdb.zip
    File size
    945 Bytes
    Downloads
    1000 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 23 of 64, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Does the wrapper work with this fix? Even the wrapper requires Hardware functions which are not available in Emulation mode, unless it runs on a separate process. I play Motorhead in D3D mode here. OS is WinXP 32 bits. Works out of the box.

Reply 25 of 64, by dosmax

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
filipetolhuizen wrote:

Does the wrapper work with this fix?

Yes, absolutely fine.

But why bother, if it works for you without any fix? Most likely the fix doesn't do any good on WinXP at all. I'm surprised you were able to install it. It's meant for the crash bug mentioned in the first post here.

If you can start the game, see the menu and start a race, there is no need to apply this fix. Not on XP and not on any other OS.

Reply 26 of 64, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It works under XP with no additional fixes. It's just fully patched. Forcing Direct Draw emulation will disable D3D in any game for me. Good to know that it has no effect with the wrapper.

Reply 27 of 64, by tgomola

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I've just found a solution of the problem. I think it may be helpful to someone else.

I followed the instructions on the nGlide page, and guess what - Motorhead works perfectly now, no errors showing. Here are the Compatibility Administrator fixes that need to be applied:

CorrectFilePaths
EmulateDirectDrawSync
EmulateEnvironmentBlock
EmulateFindHandles
EmulateGetDiskFreeSpace
EmulateHeap
GlobalMemoryStatusLie
SingleProcAffinity

Thanks for all your help, guys 😀

Reply 29 of 64, by Futterama

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I just regeistered to write in this old thread.

I have Windows 7 64bit and the original Motorhead CD. I cannot get the installer working (/motor/disk1/setup.exe) no matter what compatibility mode I run it in. The installation process just won't begin.

What can I do?

Reply 30 of 64, by Futterama

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Oh, sorry, the installer was halted by some program.

Now, I restarted my PC, turned antivirus off and set compatibility mode for setup.exe to Windows 95 and ran the setup.exe. I then get this error:

"Motorhead is designed for Windows 95 and cannot be run on Windows NT."

Reply 31 of 64, by filipetolhuizen

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Maybe Setup.exe points to another .exe on the CD, so you need to set it for Win95 compat. as well. If not, you can try changing the OS flag from WinNT to whatever it was on Windows 95/98/Me in the advanced system settings. I never tested this, but this must be where the programs checks for the windows version.

Reply 32 of 64, by vasya segment

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi people,

I can see this is an old topic, but it suites my question the best, so maybe it's a good idea to post here.

I'm trying to run Motorhead under Windows 7 64-bit through nGlide 1.01.

The game starts fine, race runs perfect, BUT! ... at the finish it freezes and gets stuck. Then, Windows 7 closes it, obviously, due to lack of response from the game.

I know it's a very old game, and I had a lot of trouble trying to install/run it. (installed under Windows 98 SE inside VmwarePlayer, copied files to Windows 7, the physical machine, applied third-party REG-file to be able to run it).

What can I do in current situation?

P.S. I didn't use Microsoft Application Compatibility Toolkit, and didn't use Compatibility mode, inside the properties of executable. Is there a connection to the bug I've experienced?

Reply 37 of 64, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

IIRC Motorhead need lowering of audio acceleration level... Maybe this is the cause for crash.

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Reply 39 of 64, by CARLITOS

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I registered expressly to post here because since last day I've been searching the reason and the solution to resolve the problem of Motorhead not running on Win7 64b.

With the ZIP file of the user dosmax: posting.php...p;p=234882
I can run the game, trough the Microsoft Compatibility Toolkit, but the game opens without the intro video, and the music not sounds 😢

What can I do?

Thanks, I hope anyone reads this!!